- Facebook Event
- Low resolution promotion card
- Low resolution promotion poster
- Jingle and Mingle – Saturday December 7th
Thank you for being part of the 5th Annual Community Show at gallery nrc. This year the space for this show at the gallery filled up in under six hours, and plenty more are on the wait list at this time.
It is your responsibility to meet the following deadlines
- October 29th – Last day to submit image for consideration to be used on poster promo piece.
- November 22nd – Artwork information sheets are required to be submitted.
- December 3rd – Images delivered to the gallery for those in Colorado. The gallery will be open 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- December 2nd – 3rd – Shipped images must be received at the gallery. Please refrain from having images arrive outside these dates.
- December 5th – Show Opens
- Friday December 6th – Artist Reception (6-10PM)
- December 28th – Closing Date
- December 30th – Images not sold are available to be picked from 1:00 PM – 5:00PM. Please contact the gallery to make other arrangements if needed.
- December 31st – Images not sold and with proper packaging and shipping information will be shipped back at your expense. The gallery uses FedEx ground for shipments.
If you reside outside of the United States please contact the gallery if you would like to explore different options for getting your to the gallery.
There is no specific requirement for the content of photographs which a photographer may include in the show. However, the Tennyson Street Art Walk attracts a wide range of ages and content should be appropriate for all ages. It is up to the discretion of gallery nrc if a piece is not appropriate for the show. If a photographer has a question regarding a piece, feel free to prior to entering the show.
Images for Promotion
The gallery promotes shows through printed materials as well as online distribution. If you would like to have one of your images considered for this submit this to the gallery by October 29th in a low resolution format. The image you provide is what will need to be on display at the show. Currently posters are printed for display in some locations in the neighborhood as well which will may include your image if it is selected. Contact the gallery if you have any questions.
- Pieces must be provided ready to hang at the gallery. Those images that do not have the required hardware will not be included in the show/
- Frames with sawtooth hangers are not acceptable.
- Finished pieces may not be larger than 30 inches on the longest dimension. If a provided piece is greater than 30 inches on the longest side it will not be a part of the show.
- The finished piece should be of archival quality. Artwork not presented in a high quality may not be included in the show. Additionally if the image is noticeably different then what was submitted for the jury process, it will not be displayed.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the packaging for the piece is well taken care of using bubble wrap and heavy duty cardboard. These pieces will be marked and used for the return of your piece if needed.
Display of Artwork
- In addition to the framed piece it is encouraged you have matted pieces of your selected piece. These pieces may be varying sizes and should be in archival matboard. You are limited to three bin pieces for each accepted work, and only work accepted as part of the show may be included in the bins.
- If you are in the Denver area, gallery nrc partners with Metro Frameworks on the preparation of framed pieces as well as matted pieces. If you would like to use these services, please contact the gallery or Metro Frameworks directly and inquire about the artists packs for matted prints to be displayed at gallery nrc.
- If you are outside of the Denver area and would like the gallery to handle the matting and framing of the print, please contact the gallery prior to November 1st. The gallery will not print images at this time, as many photographers have personal preferences to the paper their work is printed with for a show.
- The gallery will retain a 30% commission on any artwork or matted work is sold. Payment will be sent to the artist at the end of the show.
Return of Artwork
- For pieces not sold during the show, the work will be returned via FedEx Ground at your pre-paid expense. If you would like to use another carrier, please provide pre-paid shipping labels.
- If your shipping materials are not reusable an email will be sent notifying you that new packaging is needed. Any packaging that must be purchased will be billed to you in addition to a packaging fee of $20.
- You may also select to donate your work to a local Colorado non-profit organization. If you choose this option, the gallery will provide the your contact information to the entity as well.
- The artist is responsible for the terms and conditions of any shipping company they select to use.
The gallery may select some images to use on the website and printed materials for the promotion of the show. These images will be selected from the accepted pieces. You grant gallery nrc the right to use images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and display on the website of past exhibitions without further contact or compensation from the gallery.
While utmost care will be given to all pieces, gallery nrc is not responsible for any loss or damage during the installation, display or return of artwork. The artist is responsible for the delivery of all work to the gallery.